What a famous and tasty appetizer!
I remember when I first ate that wonderful starter. I was in Italy with my whole family in my grand father restaurant. This simple meal marveled our taste buds and made us want to eat more and more (yes, that’s the main goal of appetizers, to make you feel like you’ll never be replete)
Here is my recipe, which is kinda related to the original one.
Bread (here, I prefer white bread and French loaf) Olive oil Tomatoes Garlic Shallot Basil leaves
- Slice tomatoes in small dice after having took off the seeds and water
- Add them in a bowl with minced shallot, garlic and basil and stir the mixture
- Reserve it with a plastic film on it for about and 1 hour
- When you’re about to serve your bruschette (plural of bruschetta.. you never eat only one of these!), warm up the oven (150°C) and put the slices of bread spread with olive oil in the oven for about 10-15min
- Sprinkle the mixture on the slices of bread and serve with pinches of salt, bit of pepper and small touches of balsamic’cream
And let’s enjoy the beginning of a wonderful dinner!!